What is Gloup®?
Gloup® is a purpose designed medication lubricant that makes taking tablets and capsules a more pleasant experience for the patient. Gloup® makes medications and vitamin supplements such as tablets, capsules and powders easier to swallow.
Gloup® is a slippery gel consisting of food based ingredients that have no known interactions with medications. The ingredients also break down almost immediately once the medication hits the acidic environment of the stomach. This way, Gloup® has been designed to have minimal impact on the absorption of medications.
- Gloup® is a thick, slippery gel that makes medicines easier to swallow and may negate the need to crush.
- Gloup® can be used in most circumstances and has no known interactions with existing medicines.
- Gloup® is designed to break down immediately once in the stomach, therefore having minimal or no impact on absorption
- Gloup® has a pleasant, raspberry, orange, strawberry/banana or vanilla flavour that camouflages the taste of medicines.
- Gloup® is made of 100% natural ingredients, all with ‘food grade’ status.
- Gloup® is capable of effectively moistening the mouth and throat without sticking to the roof of the mouth.
- Gloup® biodegrades into inactive elements in the stomach as a result of the acidic environment.
- Gloup® Raspberry contains low sugar (500mL pump pack only)
- Gloup® does not contain gluten or gelatin and is free from allergens.
- Gloup® can be used in children aged 2 years old and up.
- Gloup® has a 60 day shelf life once opened.
- Gloup® can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated.
1. More information about IDDSI here: https://iddsi.org
Who can use Gloup®?
Gloup® can be used by anyone who struggles to swallow solid medicines, vitamins and/or nutritional supplements including those who suffer from Dysphagia. Gloup® Raspberry contains low sugar and all Gloup® products are gluten and gelatin free and free from allergens. Gloup® can be used in children aged 2 years old and up.
How do I use Gloup®?